If you’re looking for a custom wedding gift, consider making this personalized Monogram Frame…
- Shadowbox frame
- Large chipboard letters
- Patterned paper x3
- Fabric strips
- Thread & sewing machine
- Acrylic paint
- Hot glue gun
- Double-sided adhesive
1) Begin by sewing strips of fabric together to create the background for your frame. Consider using the couples’ wedding colors. I sewed the strips WRONG sides together with a zig-zag stitch, then threw it in the washer and dryer so the edges would fray a bit. If you like a more modern look, you can sew right sides together, then press the seams instead.
2) Wrap the sewn background around the back of the shadowbox. Hot glue in place.
3) I am using the couple’s initials, as well as an ampersand. Paint the sides of the letters with acrylic paint, let dry.
4) Trace the letters face-down onto the back of the patterned paper. Cut out and adhere to the letters with double-sided adhesive.
5) Use photos of the couple (consider using their wedding announcement) and attach them to the letters using eyelets and ribbon.
6) Hot glue the letters onto the background, then insert the backing into the shadowbox frame.