This themed mini album is an adorable way to showcase your child’s back-to-school memories. It features goodies from We R Memory Keepers “Show & Tell” line, and is gender neutral. The backpack’s front flap opens to reveal pockets for hidden journaling or mementos.
- Cardstock (yellow-orange and blue)
- Ribbon (1 yd)
- Corner rounder punch
- Patterned paper x3
- Paper cut-outs
- Embossed paper tags
These are the instructions included in the purchased kit:
1) Begin by taking out the two sheets of yellow-orange cardstock. You’ll notice that they are scored (the shorter one at 1 inch, and the longer one at 1 inch and 2 inches). Fold along score lines. The longer sheet should fold like an accordion, to make a ^ shape.
2) In a minute, you’re going to overlap the 1 inch fold on the shorter cardstock with the 1 inch flap of the longer folded cardstock. Before you do that, you’ll want to secure the backpack’s “straps” in place. Take out the two long pieces of orange ribbon. Adhere one end of the ribbon to the end of the folded ^, about ¼ inch in from the edge. Repeat with the other ribbon on the other side. Then go ahead and overlap the short piece of cardstock on top of the longer one, securing the ribbon in the middle of the papers.
3) Next adhere the tops of the ribbon straps to the cardstock. Leave a little slack in them. Find the dotted cardstock that’s cut with rounded corners. This is your top flap. Adhere over the top of the ribbon straps (covering about 1 inch of yellow-orange cardstock). Then fold the rest of the dotted paper over to the front to make the flap. Add a brad to the center of the flap.
4) Now we’ll make the front pocket. Take out the matching dotted paper. It’s already been folded for you, but you need to close it by putting adhesive along the folded flap. Then fold the pocket in half to make a square. Find the pocket flap (yellow-orange cardstock with rounded corners). Fold along the 1-inch line, adhere to the back of the pocket, and fold forward to create flap. Add a brad to the center.
5) Adhere entire pocket to front of the backpack. You’ll also find two magnets in your bag, you can use these to hold the front pocket firmly closed when it’s full of mementos. (Although self-adhesive, I recommend attaching magnets with glue dots for added durability.)
6) Now we’ll create the interior pages. You’ll notice that you have four sheets of blue cardstock, two long and two shorter. Fold these as you did the yellow-orange cardstock. Adhere a long sheet directly to the yellow-orange interior cardstock, over the existing ^. Then adhere a short one, followed by a long sheet, then the last short one glued directly to the yellow cardstock.
7) Center one sheet of patterned paper over each blue page. Decorate the corners with the cut-outs provided. A shorter piece of yellow ribbon is provided for tying a knot at the top of your tag. There is also an extra rectangle of the writing paper, so you can journal and put that in the front pocket.