Who loves baby? Everyone! And baby will love this washable fabric album!
- 4 fat quarters cotton fabric
- 1 pack craft-size batting
- 1 pack Printworks iron-on paper
- Ribbon x 10
- Fabric flowers x 3
- Buttons x 7
- Embroidery thread, sewing machine thread
- 1/2 yard muslin
- Various eyelets
- Acrylic shapes
- Crocheted flowers x 2
I made this for my baby niece who lives far away. This book is MACHINE WASHABLE– woo-hoo! Lay flat to dry because of the acrylic embellishments.
1) Cut rectangles from fabric to make your pages.
2) Cut batting rectangles that are 1/2 inch smaller than the fabric pages.
3) Use iron-on photo paper to print pictures and text.
4) Iron them to white fabric, then sew to the pages. (This is a fun project to try out your various machine stitch options on.)
5) Sew on any embellishments you’d like (make sure they’re all washable).
6) Assemble the pages by layering one face down, then the batting, then one face-up. Stitch around the edge with a 1/4 inch seam. If you’d like ribbon taggies, insert them between the two page layers before sewing.
7) Wash in the washing machine to fray the edges of the book.
If this is a baby gift, safety is key. Triple stitch all embellishments, and always supervise baby when playing with book.