- Aida cloth (cross stitch fabric)
- Embroidery floss
- Embroidery hoop (optional)
- Sewing needle
- Ring back
- Small piece of cardboard/chipboard
- Hot glue gun & gluesticks
1) Place aida fabric in an embroidery hoop, if you choose to use one. It helps keep the fabric taut and makes sewing a little easier.
2) Cross-stitch or embroider a tiny pattern on the fabric. Make it slightly bigger than the blank space on your ring. I chose to embroider my initial.
3) Fill in the background with half-stitches (instead of making an X, just make one diagonal line).
4) Trace the empty ring frame onto chipboard. I found this 4-pack of vintage-style rings at JoAnn for $4.
5) Add the cross-stitch design to the chipboard oval, wrapping the the fabric and gluing on the back.
6) Hot glue to the ring.