Create a floral fabric wreath for Mom or Grandma. Make one blossom for each child or grandchild.
- Grapevine wreath
- Cotton fabric
- Pipe cleaners
- Wooden tags
- Hot glue gun
- Mini wooden chalkboard
1) Wrap the wreath in the tulle, securing the ends on the back of the wreath.
2) Cut fabric into 1.5-inch wide strips. For small flowers, cut at 21 inches. For large flowers, 42.
3) For the small flowers, you’ll use 1 pipe cleaner. Add a little hot glue to the end of the pipe cleaner, then coil a 21-inch strip of fabric around the pipe cleaner. Wrap the entire pipe cleaner, then secure the fabric by hot gluing the end.
4) Roll the pipe cleaner into a coil (like a cinnamon roll). Secure the outside end of the pipe cleaner with hot glue. Add hot glue to the back and press onto the wreath.
5) For large flowers, twist the ends of two pipe cleaners together. Wrap a 42-inch strip of fabric around the pipe cleaners and coil to form a large flower.
6) Write the names of the children on wooden tags. Secure one to each flower with hot glue.
7) Hot glue a button to the center of each flower.
8) Write “Grandma’s Garden” on the mini chalkboard, using either a white marker or chalk. Clip on and add a little glue for permanence.
9) Tie a ribbon bow on the side of the wreath.
10) You can always add more flowers made from fabric scraps as the family grows!