What do you get when you combine zig-zag scissors and washi tape? Trendy Chevron Nails!
- Washi tape or masking tape
- Nail polish (base coat & contrast color)
- Zig-zag scrapbooking scissors
1) Paint your nails with a base coat and allow to dry completely. If your nails are at all tacky, you’ll have problems with the tape.
2) Cut two pieces of tape for each nail using the zig-zag scissors. Pull the tape taut so you get a clean cut. (Note: I used washi tape because it isn’t as sticky as other tapes. Masking tape also works well.)
3) Place one piece of tape on the top of the nail, and line up the second piece below it. Make sure the zig-zags match up.
4) Paint the space between the nails with a contrasting color.
5) Allow to dry fully, then peel off the top. Finish with a clear topcoat if desired.