Create a sweet Valentine for that person who completes you! This miniature puzzle is the perfect fit…
- Small wooden puzzle -or-
- Perfect Fit Puzzle Template (click here)
- Chipboard (12×12 sheet)
- Patterned paper scraps
- Double-sided adhesive
- Small photos
- Embellishments, such as buttons, clothespins, stickers, etc.
I found a cute wooden puzzle at my local craft store. It’s made by Sierra Pacific Crafts and retails for $2.99. I thought these might be hard to find at other stores, so I decided to show you how to create your own from chipboard.
1) Print off the Perfect Fit Puzzle template. Cut on the outside lines. Lay the paper on top of your chipboard, and trace over the puzzle pieces firmly with a pen to create indentations.
2) Cut out the puzzle pieces. You may find it helpful to number them.
3) Now cut out a piece of chipboard to make the backing for the puzzle. Cut it to 6.75 inches by 4.75 inches.
4) Next we’ll cut strips of chipboard to create the frame. Cut 4 pieces 1/2 inch wide. Cut two of them to 6.75 inches and two of them to 3.75 inches. Add these on top of the edges of your chipboard backing. Your puzzle pieces should fit inside the frame.
5) Cut patterned paper strips a 1/2 inch wide to cover your frame. Adhere with double-sided adhesive.
6) Now we’ll cover our puzzle pieces. Trace the pieces on scraps of patterned paper. Cut them out and adhere to each piece. You can use sandpaper to distress the edges of the paper.
7) I decided that I’d rather display my puzzle like a picture than have it be interactive, so I’m gluing down my puzzle pieces, but this is up to you.
8) Decorate your puzzle with stickers, buttons, flowers– whatever you have in your stash.
9) Don’t forget to write a love note on the back for your Valentine!