We all know a camera strap is functional… but can’t it be fabulous, too? Take 15 minutes to personalize your camera.
- Old T-shirts
- Sewing machine
- Stretch needle & leather needle
- Camera strap
1) Cut a T-shirt into strips about 2.5 inches wide. You’ll need about twice the length of your camera strap. Sew them into one long strip.
2) Use a running basting stitch and a stretch needle down the center of the strip.
3) Tug gently on the bottom thread to ruffle the strip.
4) Switch your needle– if your strap is leather, use a leather needle. Use a zig-zag stitch to sew the ruffle in place.
5) Repeat with a second T-shirt strip in another color. Cut this one about 1.5 inches wide. Sew it down the center of the first ruffled strip.