These Snowball Puffs are a modern twist on the classic paper snowflake.
- Tissue paper (8 sheets per puff)
- Floral wire (white)
- White yarn
1) Layer 8 sheets of tissue paper together so that all sides are even. I used white tissue paper with glitter specks, it cost $1 for a pack of 20.
2) Fold the tissue paper accordion-style, like you would a paper fan.
3) Wrap a piece of floral wire around the center of the folded stack.
4) Tie a long piece of yarn to the wire.
5) Trim the ends into points. Start the angle about 3 inches down from the top edge.
6) Cut shapes into the folded sides (just like when you make regular paper snowflakes). Be sure not to cut all the way through to the other side, and remember that when the tissue is unfolded the shape you cut will be doubled.
7) GENTLY peel the layers apart. The trick to making the puff very round is to carefully poke your finger in between the layers and wiggle it down to the center. It sounds silly, but the best way to describe it is to say you need to tickle the tissue paper :)
8) Hang your Snowball Puff from the ceiling with a pushpin.
Note: The beginning steps for this are identical to the steps for my Lighted Flower Garland, so take a look at that video if you need some how-to help.